- 3 medium or 6 small potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of kent pumpkin
- 1 cup of peas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- (Add some other ground spices such as cumin, cardamom or ginger, according to taste.)
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters depending on size.
- Peel the carrots and cut into 1cm sized pieces.
- Gently fry the potatoes in the olive oil for a minute, then add the carrots for a few more minutes.
- Add 750ml of water to the soup and bring it up to a simmer.
- In the meantime, cut the skin off the pumpkin, or leave it on, if you prefer.
- After 10 minutes, add the pumpkin to the soup and bring it back to a gentle simmer.
- After 10 more minutes, add some frozen peas and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- When the vegetables are all cooked, you can add a Massel 7’s stock cube or some salt and pepper, if you prefer.
(A small can of rinsed legumes can be added for more protein.
Other vegetables from the low FODMAPs list can be added to this basic recipe, for a change in flavour and nutrients.
Low FODMAPs pasta could be added 10 minutes before the vegetables are ready for a “hearty” soup.)